HOW DOES CEREC WORK?
We offer one of the latest technological advances in dentistry with digital radiography:
- Wireless sensor placed in the mouth generates an image within 30 seconds
- X-rays can also be enhanced on the computer and enlarged
- Eco-friendly and much safer than traditional X-rays
- Digital radiographs reduce a patient’s radiation exposure by 80 percent!
IOCs allow the patient to see a clear picture of the inside of their mouth, aiding the dentist in consulting with them on various treatment options. Images can be saved to a patient's file for future reference.
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORING
ADVANCED, HI-TECH OPERATIONS
Efficient treatment is our number one priority, along with your safety. To ensure you receive the best dental care, we use the most advanced, high-tech operations.
- Before and after every appointment, all of our treatment surfaces are cleaned and disinfected.
- Our staff members use new disposable masks and gloves when working with each patient.
- All of our instruments and handpieces are rinsed thoroughly and sterilized.
- We use brand-new dental tools on each and every patient when feasible.
- We utilize the latest in dental technology, including digital X-rays, intraoral cameras, blood pressure monitoring and sedation techniques.
- We also have a state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory that will custom-create your dental restorations.
We feel our modern practice and cutting-edge techniques ensure you are receiving the quality dental care you deserve.
THE VELSCOPE SYSTEM®
The office of Dr. Hanna Hanania D.D.S. is proud to announce that we have incorporated the VELscope® System into our dental practice.
The VELscope System®, recently approved by the FDA, was developed by the British Columbia Cancer Agency and Vancouver-based LED Dental Inc. It is a revolutionary hand-held device that provides dentists and hygienists with a new tool to aid in the early detection of oral cancer. The VELscope examination is a non-invasive, painless procedure which takes only a few minutes. The dentist shines a blue light into the mouth to cause it to fluoresce. This fluorescence helps the dentist visualize abnormal tissue which may be, or may lead to, oral cancer. Over 42,000 people are diagnosed with oral cancer annually in the United States. With a mortality rate of over 50% at 5 years, one person every hour of every day dies of oral cancer in America. If detected early however, oral cancer is 90% survivable. Dr. Hanania states: "On every new patient and cleaning exam, we conduct a comprehensive oral cancer screening, but the VELscope System will allow us to see things we've been unable to see previously". For more information regarding The VELscope System®, visit www.velscope.com or call the office of Dr. Hanania at 703-897-8554, with your questions, and to schedule an appointment.