Meet Dr. Hanania
HANNA G. HANANIA, DDS, PC
Hello, I am Dr. Hanna Hanania. I am the oldest of three children. My brother, sister, and I have amazing parents. They instilled many important values in my siblings and I, such as honesty and respect. They also taught us self-confidence, excellent communication and problem solving skills. I grew up in Ramallah Palestine; just 16 miles north to the old city of Jerusalem. After graduating from Friends High School, I moved to the United States to attend the University of Maryland. In 1997, I completed my Bachelor of Science, majoring in Biochemistry and Political Science. From there, I decided to continue my educational journey and follow in my father’s footsteps to become a dentist. I applied to University of Maryland’s School of Dentistry. In 2001, I graduated with my Doctorate of Dental Surgery.
I relocated to Virginia and became an associate in a corporate dental practice. Growing up watching my father practice dentistry, I realized that I didn’t just want to be a good dentist. I got a piece of paper and wrote down the qualities that I thought I should possess. My list included excellent communication skills, to be detailed oriented, to have patience, to be organized, and to be committed to my patients (after all my patients would become my dental family). While developing my list of qualities to become the best dentist that I could be, I evaluated my beliefs of a dental practice. At that point I discovered that the corporate practice where I was an associate was not meeting the criteria that I needed to obtain my professional goals. I believed it was in the best interest of my patients, my dental team, and I to purchase the corporate practice and create the vision that my team and I had for our patients. Time has moved so quickly. It’s hard to believe that it's been almost 20 years since I first wrote my professional desires on that scratch paper. I have continued to write that vision over and over every year while adding to it.
Dentistry continues to progress creating a need to continue my education. Attending many dental seminars helps me to educate my patients and introduce new technologies into our practice. Being a member of the American Dental Society and its local branch organizations (The Virginia Dental Society, The Northern Virginia Dental Society and The Woodbridge Dental Society) allows me a source for local continuing education, as well as access to exclusive resources.
I am honored to say I still have the original team/dental family of four that I started my practice with. These ladies have literally been my second hands. Over the years as we have continued to grow, I have added other team members to our dental family. All of these ladies have been the backbone of my practice.
Though Dentistry is my true passion, I have other interests. I feel it is important to give back to our community. I am extremely active in our surrounding area and neighborhood schools. I help fund local foundations and donate my time and services to non-profit organizations. I am a board member of the Holy Land Christians Ecumenical Foundation (HCEF). I also believe that it is important to remember where you came from. I return home every year to provide dental services to people of Palestine. I am the founder and chairman of the United Arab Students Association (UASA) and Network of Arab American Professionals (NAAP). I recently held the position of the National President of the American Federation of Ramallah, Palestine. I was part of a wonderful team that helped form a coalition for Palestinian American Organizations across the United States as well as a chairman of Al-Awda and Arab-American Leadership Council in Virginia.
I am not only about work, politics, and our community. I recognize that my foundation starts at home. None of my greatest accomplishment was possible without the support of my wife. She is my soulmate and the one who helps keeps me grounded. She and our three children are my biggest cheerleaders. My life is truly blessed
Online courses during Pandemic: (38 hours)
VDA: "Principles for Predictable Extraction and Socket Graft Procedures." December 16th, 2020. 2 hours
DOCS Education: "COVID Vaccines: The Next Step." December 9, 2020. 1.5 hours
Zest Dental Solutions: Implant Retained Solutions for the Edentulous Patient. Dr. David Little. November 13, 2020. 1 hour.
DOCS Education: Understanding the Mindset of the Virus: A COVID-19 Update. July 29, 2020. 1.5 hours.
DOCS Education: Anesthesia and Pain Management (Pharmacotherapeutics of anesthesia and pain medications), July 1, 2020. 1.5 hour
Glidewell Clinical Education: Literature-based Socket Grafting Protocol with Dr. Randolph Resnik. June 26. 1 hour.
VDA: Get Back to Work SAFELY...in a COVID-19 World, Jun 25, 2020. 2 hours.
DOCS Education: S.T.A.R. WARS: The Rise and Fall of Corona Walker by Leslie Fang, MD, PhD. June 24. 2 hours
DOCS Education: Anesthesia and Pain Management (Pharmacotherapeutics of anesthesia and pain medications) by Steven Yun, M.D. June 17, 2020. 1.5 hour
ADA: An Update for Dental Practices. June 12, 2020. 1 hour.
ADA: COVID-19 Response: CDC Guidance for Dental Settings. May 28, 2020. 1 hour.
DOCS Education: Coronavirus Virtual Town Hall by Leslie Fang, MD, PhD. May 20, 2020. 2 hours.
Henry Schein Dental: COVID-19 & Dentistry: Teledentistry, Billing for PPE, & In-practice Virus Testing. May 13, 2020. 1 hour.
AEGIS Publications, LLC: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the Dental Workplace: Its Value and Limitations. May 10, 2020. 2 hours.
Virginia Dental Association: Real World Panel: In My Practice - The first week back to work. May 7th.
Washington Academy of General Dentistry: “Covid-19 Update on Relief Provisions" with Benton Bray, PLLC & Dental Accounting Professionals LLC.” May 6. 2 hours
Itamar Medical. "Managing the Epidemic of Obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea in Cardiology". April 30. 1 hour.
Virginia Dental Association. "Going Back to Work: Labor & Employment Questions Answered" April 29.
Washington Academy of General Dentistry: “Lateral Ridge Augmentation - Parameters for Success When Using Augma Bone Cement.” April 28, 2020. 1.5 hours.
VDA Presents - Communicating with Your Patients Today and Getting Ready for Tomorrow" Tue, Apr 28, 2020. 0.5 hour.
ADA and OSAP Live Webinar: Respiratory Protection in the Era of COVID-19. April 24, 2020. 1 hour.
Patterson Dental: "How to Make Tele-dentistry Work for Your Practice.” Apr 23, 2020. 1 hour.
Primer Dental Learning: Cementation 2020: New Options for a Changing Dental Work. April 22, 2020 at 7:00PM. 1 hour
Washington Academy of General Dentistry: Diagnosis of Periodontal and Peri-Implant diseases. Apr 22, 2020 at 05:30 PM. 1 hour.
Washington Academy of General Dentistry: "To Prep or Not to Prep: Preparation Design and Material Selection in Anterior All Ceramics!” Friday, April 17. 1.5 hours.
DOCS Education: Basic Sciences: Pharmacotherapeutics with Dr Leslie Fang on April 16, 2020 at 8:30pm . 2 hours
Zest Dental Solutions: "Cost Effective Overdenture Implant Solutions" Tuesday, Apr 14, 2020. 1 hour.
Washington Academy of General Dentistry: “Delivering WOW Service People Will Forget Everything Except How You Made Them Feel!” April 14th, 2020. 1 hour.
DOCS Education: Basic Sciences: Pharmacotherapeutics with Dr Leslie Fang on April 2, 2020. 1.5 hours.
ADA: Keep the Lights On: Protect the Health of Your Practice during the Economic Downturn. March 31, 2020. 1 hour.
- "Why Treatment Plans Fail- Secrets of Creating a Culture of Success for Better Acceptance Results" Friday, February 28th, 2020, Fair Oaks, VA (6 CE CREDITS)
- CEREC Implant Workshop, Laurel, MD, January 24th, 2020 (8 hours).
- A Revolution in Regeneration, Arlington VA, November 14, 2019
“Delivering W.O.W. Service: People Will Forget Everything - Except How You Made Them Feel”, Judy Kay Mausolf, Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park (6 credits)
- "Full Arch Hands-on Session & Prosthetic Conversion," Wednesday, October 23, 2019 (2 credits)
- "Recognizing Full Arch Immediate Load Candidates & Incorporating Internal Marketing Strategies for Achieving Higher Levels of Case Acceptance," October 22, 2019 (2 credits)
- "Dentsply Sirona World 2019" (3 credits)
- "A conometric concept for implant restorations: Retention redefined with Dr. Barry Goldenberg" (1 credit)
- "Bridging the Knowing and Doing Gap with Dr. George Bruder" (1 credit)
- "Endodontic Success: The Im po rtance of Anatom y , lrri g ation and Obturation with Dr. David Landwehr" ( 1 credit)
- "Guided Bone Regeneration: Does the Type of Membrane Make a Difference? with Dr. Craig Misch" (1 credit), October 3-5, 2019
- "Top 5 Trouble Shooting Tips from the Endodontist Perspective with Dr. Beth Ann Damas" (1 credit)
- "Digitally Driven Dentistry-Utilizing New Innovations to Deliver Restorative Excellence for Full Arch Implant Therapy," (2 credits)
- "Digitally Driven Dentistry-Utilizing New Innovations to Deliver Restorative Excellence for Full Arch Implant Therapy," September 18, 2019 (2 credits)
- "Today's Top Clinical Tips" and "Occlusion in Everyday Dentistry", Lee Ann Brady, DMD, April 5, 2019, Annandale, VA (6 credits)
- "NVDS Local Speakers Program", Drs. Adair, Mahn, Mofakhami, Nosrat and Patel, January 25, 2019, Annandale, VA (6 credits)
- "Oral Sedation Dentistry Recertification", November 10, 2018, Scottsdale, AZ (7.5 credits)
- "Basic Science: Anatomy", November 10, 2018, Scottsdale, AZ, (1.5 CE credits)
- "Basic Science: Pharmacotherapeutics", November 10, 2018, Scottsdale, AZ, (1.5 CE credits)
- "Electives: Emergency Training/CPR", November 10, 2018, Scottsdale, AZ, (1 CE credit)
- "Electives: Control of Dental Fear/Apprehension", November 10, 2018, Scottsdale, AZ, (2 CE credits)
- "Anesthesia, Pain Mgmt, Sedation, Pharmacology: Anesthesia and Pain Control", November 10, 2018, Scottsdale, AZ, (1.5 CE credits)
- "Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support", November 9, 2018, Ann Arbor, MI
- "Basic Life Support", November 7, 2018
- "Infection Control- That Thing You Do" & "Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases", John Molinari, Ph.D., October 12, 2018, Annandale, Virginia (6 CE credits)
- "Tysons Corners Symposium", September 28, 2018, Tysons Corners, Virgina (7 CE credits)
- "Implantology and Care of Implants, Soft Tissue Management for Dental Implant Success", November 17, 2017, McLean, Virgina (8 CE credits)
- "Esthetic Restorative Excellence with Inlays/Onlays and Metal Free Crowns", Ronald Jackson, DDS, January 8, 2016, Fairview Park Marriott, Annandale, Virginia (6 CE Credits)
- "Grow Your Practice" , Topics included Diagnostic Features and newfound pathology, Surgical advantages/Guided Surgery, CEREC in-office custom milled abutments, CEREC integration with cone beam 3D, CEREC milled surgical guides, Endodontics, Sleep apnea and TMD, Medical billing potential, Medical/legal responsibility, Increase profitability and patient care, Patterson Dental, DC Prime, Ashburn, Virginia
- "Street Drugs Exposed: What Your Patients and Kids Are Not Telling You!", Harold L. Crossley, DDS, PhD, April 8, 2016, Waterford at Fair Oaks (6 CE Credits)
- "Temporization of Implants: Esthetics and Full Arch; Surgical/Prosthetic Seminar, Dr. Michael Block; Nobel Biocare, Fairfax, Virginia (3 CEU's)
- "Pump Up Your Practice", Bart Knellinger, Gerritt Cora, Veronica Makowski, Arlington, Virginia (1 CE Credit)
- "ACLS Recertification", Emergency Training/CPR, October 2, 2016, Dallas, Texas, John Bovia, AEMT (7.5 hours)
- "Sedation Solutions", September 30-October 1, 2016, Anthony Feck, DMD; Leslie Fang, MD, PhD; Jerome Wellbrock, DMD (Anesthesia, Pain Mgmt, Sedation, Pharmacology: Anesthesia and Pain Control - 4 hours) (Anesthesia, Pain Mgmt, Sedation, Pharmacology: Oral Sedation - 2 hours) (Dentistry for the Medically Compromised - 9 hours) Total 15 hours
- "Simplified & Efficient Implant Placement for the GP", OsteoReady, Dr. Brady Frank, DDS, September 30, 2016, Dallas, Texas , Lecture/Scientific, Implants - 2 hours
- Key Implant Position and Implant Number for Fixed Prostheses, Carl Misch, DDS, MDS, PhD, January 30, 2015, Waterford at Springfield, VA
- The Art of Giving Great Service - How to Implement Change with a Smile!"; Timo Anderson and Elnian Gilbert, April 24, 2015, Fairview Park Marriott, Falls Church, VA
- "Oral Sedation Dentistry Recertification", Jerome Wellbrook, DMD, Anthony Feck, DMD, Leslie Fang, MD, May 16, 2015, Reston, VA( Basic Science: Anatomy - 1.5 Hour, Basic Science: Pharmacotherapeutics - 1.5 Hour, Electives: Emergency Training /CPR - 1 Hour, Electives: Control of Dental Fear/Apprehension - 2 Hours, Anesthesia, Pain Management, Sedation, Pharmacology: Anesthesia and Pain Control - 1.5 Hours)
- Dental Professional Liability Risk Management Seminar, Dr. Zentz, June 19, 2015, Springfield, VA (4.5 Hours) Esthetics and Function through Regeneration, November 3, 2015, Washington, D.C.
- Guardians of Dentistry, November 4, 2015, Washington, D.C.
- American Dental Association Meeting. Many Seminars and Courses focusing on TMJ, Office Design, Social Media, Technology and New Materials, November 5-6, 2015, Washington, D.C. (10 Hours)
Vision and Goals, Power Cell Scheduling, Power Scripts; Martha Kreiner, March 6-7,2014, Owings Mills, MD (12 hours lecture) Leadership, teamwork and Communications; Tori Lynch, April 11th, 2014, Owings Mills, MD (8 hours lecture)
Case Acceptance, Scripting Workshop; Roza Masoumi, May 20-21st, 2014, Owings Mills, MS (12 hours lecture)
Dental Advanced Life Support (DALS) (ACLS for Dentists); James Bovia, Sarah Bovia, John Bovia, August 22, 2014, Atlanta, GA (7.5 hours Emergency Training/CPR)
Screw vs. Cement Retained Restorations; Dr. Dima Lakkia, October 29th, 2014, Annandale, VA (2 hours)
An Organized System for Treating Periodontal Disease; Dr Robert Tripke, April 19, 2013, Arlington, VA. (6 hours).
Oral Sedation Dentistry; Anthony Feck, DMD, Leslie Fang, MD, Robert Fazio, DMD; May 17-19, 2013, Reston, VA. (26 hours)
Cerec Mastery - Rapid Integration Into Your Practice, Level 2; Sameer Puri, D.D.S., Mike Skramstad, D.D.D.; June 3-4, 2013
Set Your Practice On Fire; Dr. Roger P. Levin, Chairman & CEO, Levin Group, Inc., September 6th, 2013, Woodbridge, VA (6 hours)
CEREC Training 218678; Dr. Pete Patellis, February 8-9, 2013, Maryland (14 hours)
Cognitive and Skills Evaluation, American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) Programs, July 14, 2013<
Sales & Communication Seminar C; Dr Greg Winteregg, February 2, 3 & 4, 2012, Clearwater, FL. (15 hours).
Blood Pathogens Training and CPR AED, Jane O'Brien, March 6, 2012, Dale City, VA.
Sales and communication Seminar A; Dr Greg Winteregg, June 7,8,&9, 2012, Clearwater FL. (15 hours).
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Program: NOVA: August, 5, 2012, Springfield, VA
ASCR 2-day Esthetic Workshop, Dr Beryy Freydberg; Octobor 19 & 20, Arlington, VA. ACCEPT Program: Introduction to CAD/CAM. December 8-9, 2012, Arizona.
2010 (Total Hours: 15)
Esthetics in CAD/CAM Dentistry: Michael Di Tolla D.D.S; March 12,2010; (2 hour lecture)
Taking Your Practice to New Heights: Dr. Imtiaz Manji; March 12,2010; (2 hour lecture)
CAD/CAM From the Lab Perspective: James Klim D.D.S; March 13, 2010 (1 hour lecture)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Program: INOVA Healthsource; October 3-4,2010; (6 hour lecture)
Advances in Implant Dentistry: Biomet3I; November 11, 2010 (2 hour lecture)
Team Approach to Implant Dentistry on the Age of Immediate Load; Biohorizon, November 18, 2010 (2 hours)
2009 (Total Hours: 16)
Advances in Minimally Invasive & Digital Dentistry, Dr. Michael Mann; October 16-17, 2009; (2 hour lecture)
Lumineers Destination Education, Drs. Stacy Layman and Louis Malcmacher & Rob Brenneise, November 6,7 and 8, 2009; (3 hour lecture)
The Future of LUMINEERS- the original minimal prep veneer, Dr. Barry Freydberg, November 6,2009; (2 hour lecture)
The Possibilities of Lumitray and Hands-on Session, Dr. Peter Harnois, November 6, 2009; (3 hour lecture)
Advances in Oral Lesion Detection & Updates on Flurescence Visualization Technology, Dr. Ralph Green & Dr. Andrew Chang, November 7, 2009; (1 hour lecture)
New Whitening Solutions and Crowns Without Temporaries, Dr. Cyrus Tahmasebi, November 7 and 8, 2009; (2 hour lecture)
Advances In Soft Tissue Management, Dr. David Ouellet, November 7,2009; (1 hour lecture)
Master Occlusion For Lumineers, Drs. Michael Miyasaki and Omer Reed, November 8,2009; (2 hour lecture)
2008 (Total Hours: 36)
Peer Practicum Program: Dr Kenneth Byrne; Implants: Nov. 9, 2007- May 2, 2008. (28 hours)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Program: NOVA: July 13, 2008.
Esthetic Dentistry: Dr. Douglas Barnes: Sept 22, 2008. (2 hours)
Achieving Dental Excellence: The Madow Group: Sept 26, 2008. (6 hours)
2007 (Total Hours: 167)
Perio Institute: Ridge Preservation Skills; Bone Grafting; Feb 24, 2007. (7 hours)
Implant Seminars: Implant Dentistry Continuum; August 2007-March 2008. (160 hours)
2006 (Total Hours: 97.5)
Successful completion of the Practice Heartbeat Program.
Misch Implant Institute: Advanced Dental Implant Prosthetics 1/20-22/06, 3/3-5/06, 4/21-23/06. (75 hours of continuing dental education)
Inova Heath System: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Provider Course. 7/29 - 30/06. (16.5 credit hours)
Soft Tissue Management); 11/17/06. (6 hours)
2005 (Total Hours: 24)
Advanced Bone Grafting, (15 Hours)
01/21/05: Advanced Bone Grafting
01/21/05: PUROS BLOCK ALLLOGRAFT
Soft Tissue Management, STM/Pro-Dentec. (6 hours): 02/18/05.
2004 (Total Hours: 30)
04/16/04: Oral Pathology. (6 hours)
Office Management, Woodbridge Society. (6 hours)
07/23/04 - 07/23/04: TMD Diagnosis and Treatment (ANATOMY, NEUROLOGY AND PATHOLOGY; PATIENT EXAM AND DIAGNOSIS; PHARMACOLOGY; OCCLUSION; RADIOLOGY; LEGAL ASPECTS; INSURANCE PRINCIPLES OF TMD) (12 hours).
Pharmacology: Virginia Dental Society. (6 hours)
2003 (Total Hours: 23)
Implant Prosthodontic Symposium, Orlando, Florida: (17 hours)
06/20/03: Immediate loading of Implants (Planning for Success) = 1 CE
06/20/03: MAINSTREAM IMPLANT PROSTHETIC FOR THE GENERAL DDS = 1 CE
06/20/03: IMMEDIATE TEMP. DENTURE TO FINAL DENTURE = 1 CE CREDIT
06/20/03: PASSIVE FIT ON IMPLANTS IN FULL ARCH RECONSTRUCTION = 1 CE CREDIT
06/20/03: CAD-CAM THE FUTURE IS NOW = 1 CE CREDIT
06/20/03: ORAL SEDATION WHATEVER YOU NEED TO MAKE IT WORK = 1 CE CREDIT
06/20/03: GALVANOTELESCOPES WITH PORCELAIN PRIMARY CROWNS = 1 CE
06/20/03: SUPER SPLINTING PROSTHETIC SPLINTING MOBILITY WITH IMMEDIATE LOAD OSTEOCOMPRESSIVE IMPLANTS = 1 CE CREDIT
06/21/03: IMMEDIATE IMPLANTS- HOW AND WHY = 1 CE CREDIT
06/21/03: LITTLE THINGS MAKE A DIFFERENCE- TECHNIQUES AND MATERIALS = 1 CE CREDIT
06/21/03: FULL ARCH IMPLANT SUPPORTED FIXED CEMENT PROSTHETICS... A SIMPLE PREDICTABLE APPROACH = 1 CE CREDIT
06/21/03: PRACTICAL TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL IMPLANT PROSTHETICS = 1CE CREDIT
06/21/03: DENTAL HYGIENE IMPLANT = 1 CE CREDIT
06/21/03: PRACTICE MANAGEMENT IMPLANT = 1 CE CREDIT
06/22/03: RESTORING CASES WITH ABNORMAL JAW RELATIONS = 1 CREDIT
06/22/03: ORAL FACIAL FACTOR IN PREDICTING AESTHETIC PROBLEMS = 1 CREDIT
2002 (Total Hours 182)
Implants (Misch Institute):
02/02/02 - 02/04/02: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning for Implants
03/08/02 - 03/10/02: Surgical Treatment Division (A)
05/31/02 - 06/02/02: Surgical Treatment Division (B)
08/01/02: ESSENTIALS FOR ORAL SEDATION
08/02/02 - 08/04/02: Surgical Treatment Division (C) 10/25/02 -10/27/02: SINUS GRAFT SURGICAL Treatment Div
11/12/02: IMPLANT PROSTHODONTICS
2) 03/21/02: CONTROLLING THE PROGRESSION OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE - 1 CE credit
3) 06/7-8: Coast Dental; Equity Doctor Orientation. (16 credits)
4) 08/16/02: Dental Boot Camp = 15 CE credits
5) 11/25/02: Introduction to Implant Surgery (Coast Dental, Florida) = 10 CE credits
Since the start of his career, Dr. Hanna Hanania, has continuously worked on professional development and advancement in order to provide his patience and practise the best quality service and care.
Read some of his published articles